Information on Delivery and Collection of Instruments to the Competition Office – 13th International H. Wieniawski Violin Making Competition (2016)
Information on Delivery of Instruments
1. Instruments should be delivered to Competition Office either by post/courier from 14 March by 8 April 2016 or directly by a trustee by 16 April 2016, until 3 PM (Saturday):
Address of Competition Office:
13. Międzynarodowy Konkurs Lutniczy im. Henryka Wieniawskiego
Muzeum Narodowe w Poznaniu
Muzeum Instrumentów Muzycznych
Stary Rynek 45
2. Delivery of instruments submitted for the competition and their collection after the event remains responsibility of the submitter and is carried out at their expense. Collecting of instruments will be possible from 23 May 2016 after the closing of the final exhibition of competition instruments.
3. The Organizers of the competition do not act either as agents for the delivery of instruments submitted for the competition or for their return after the event.
4.Upon completion of the competition, instruments may be collected personally; or through the agency of a person authorised in writing by the owner of the violin; or through the agency of a courier company (collection ordered and paid for by submitter).
5. Instruments from countries outside the European Union must be accompanied by a document of temporary customs clearance, e.g. an ATA carnet and/or such other documents to authorise admission of the instruments to and their subsequent removal from the territory of Poland as will be required by the customs service in 2016.
6. Methods of delivery of instruments to Muzeum Instrumentów Muzycznych [Museum of Musical Instruments] in Poznań:
1) Postal/courier delivery
– courier parcel /box + case/
– postal parcel /box + case/
To make collection of instruments sent for the Competition more efficient, you are kindly requested to notify the Competition Office at email@example.com (one day prior to despatch at the latest) about place and date of despatch, no. of instruments sent, as well as about type of parcel.
2) Delivery by trustee to Competition Office /case/:
7. Collection of instruments by Competition Organizers:
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., or upon earlier agreement with Museum employees delegated to work at the Competition (at least one day prior to planned delivery of instrument(s) to Competition Office):
Patryk Frankowski, Muzeum Instrumentów Muzycznych w Poznaniu
Olga Lisiecka, Muzeum Instrumentów Muzycznych w Poznaniu
tel. +48 667 793 761
Magdalena Wiśniewska, Towarzystwo Muzyczne im. Henryka Wieniawskiego
tel. +48 61 852 26 42 wew. 20, tel. kom. +48 603 255 272
8. Instrument collection procedure:
1) authorized persons: Mr Patryk Frankowski, trustee, who records collection of parcel, and violin makers (Museum conservators: Piotr Cieślak, Mirosław Baran)
2) parcel containing instrument is unpacked in the presence of Mr Patryk Frankowski, trustee, who enters instrument in register, Ms Magdalena Wiśniewska, representative of Towarzystwo Muzyczne im. Henryka Wieniawskiego, and violin maker conservators, who perform post-delivery inspection of the instrument
3) collection of the instrument is confirmed with a relevant entry in register
4) should the instrument be damaged, violin maker conservator performs relevant repair, subject to instrument owner’s written authorization appended to envelope “A”
9. Storage of Instruments:
1) Closed envelopes “A” containing the owner’s mark are deposited with Mr Patryk Frankowski, trustee delegated by Muzeum Instrumentów Muzycznych
2) Prior to their installation on competition display racks, the instruments are kept in a separate room equipped with appropriate security systems
10. Display of Instruments:
1) To stabilize the microclimatic conditions and tuning of the instrument, two weeks before the competition, instruments are placed on competition display racks
2) As of this moment, permanent tuning maintenance, as well as detailed inspection of the instruments’ state (adjustment of the bridge, sound post, pegs, as well as the condition of varnish) and safety takes place
Information on Collection of Instruments
1. Collection of instruments (in person, or through the agency of a courier company) shall be possible after the competition in the following manner:
1) Instruments which do not qualify for Stage 2 of the Competition – on Saturday, 14 May, between 10 and 12 a.m. at the Museum of Musical Instruments in Poznań, St. Rynek 45, upon prior telephone or e-mail arrangement with Museum employee, Ms Olga Lisiecka firstname.lastname@example.org, mob. tel. no. +48 667 793 761
or between 23 and 31 May 2016 (weekdays only), at the Museum of Musical Instruments in Poznań, St. Rynek 45 between 8.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m.
2) Instruments which qualify for Stages 2 and 3 of the Competition – upon closing of the exhibition held after the Competition, i.e. between 23 and 31 May 2016 (weekdays only), at the National Museum, between 8.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m., or upon prior arrangement with Museum employee, Ms Olga Lisiecka email@example.com, mob. tel. no. +48 667 793 761
Notice: No other dates or instrument collection procedures are available.
Information on Delivery and Collection of Instruments to the Competition Office - 13th International H. Wieniawski Violin Making Competition (2016)more >>